Friday, February 6, 2009

My Scrapbook Room (Part I)


Just thought I'd take a few minutes to show you my scrapbook room. There's lots I love about it, and a few things I don't like about it, but I admit I'm lucky to have one at all. First of all, it's a scrapbook/craft room. All of the drawers, cabinets, etc....are NOT filled with scrapbooking stuff. You'll get the idea with the following tour.
This is what you see on the right as you walk through the door. The cabinet in the corner holds my printer (which prints on 12 inch paper). The drawer holds my glue gun, extra glue sticks, trash bags, light bulbs (realize this is on the third level of our house...and I don't want to go all the way down for these things), extra printer cartridges, etc....The cabinet houses items I want to alter; spray paint, modge podge, and other crafting supplies.
The short wide file cabinet to its left holds negatives and extra photos in one drawer and file folders and storage baggies in the other. On top of that is a three drawer plastic unit that holds what little 8 1/2 x 11 patterned paper and cardstock I own and blank tags. The wire unit in the middle of it all holds paper for the printer (white cardstock, vellum, transparency paper, photo paper, etc...).
As you walk in further on the right side, you see that my CD player is there, along with my Project 365 supplies. Then to the left of that is the wire shelf that holds unused albums and my boxes of photos categorized as follows: All about us; baby; People we Love; Places we go; Things we do; Christmas; Other holidays; and Family Celebrations. This is what works for me, and when I want a photo that I haven't scrapped...I know just where to get it. The category names were from Stacy Julian's book, Photo Freedom, which I highly recommend.
As you walk all the way in, there are two more short filing cabinets. In the first one, there are past issues of SB magazines inside, with current issues and most used idea books sitting on top. The last filing cabinet holds rubber stamping and card making supplies inside, along with ribbon and fibers on top. There's also a white plastic drawer unit holding pre-made transparencies, sheets of vellum titles and embellishments, and some foam letter stamps. As you look along the back wall on the window seat, there are several wire cubes and plastic drawer units. These hold embellishments, some by color, and some by theme. Some of the drawers hold more foam stamps and blank chipboard, as well as cutting tools not frequently used. I also have letter stickers organized by color in a file box there. On top of one of the drawer units are plastic shoe boxes holding my acrylic paints.
This is the far left corner of the room. It looks the most cluttered. I have been working on de-cluttering my room a bit, but haven't made it to this side. My work space is my biggest pet peeve. I frequently end up scrapbooking on the floor. I have my Cricut machine on my desk, along with a Pampered Chef carousel of most used items like scissors, glue runner and glue stick, rulers, pencils, etc....The hutch holds plastic containers of small embellishments like buttons, brads, and eyelets (organized by color), and some of the cubbies hold my Xyron sticker makers and most used punches. I also have a stand on my desk holding my collection of Zig pens. And there's always work in progress cluttering up the workspace.

If you've made it this far...I'm impressed. Thanks for hanging in there! Part II coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!